- Sunday school is at Grace in August.
- The daily Matins service at Grace will resume next week (August 7). Until then, the Tuesday, Thursday, Friday schedule for Matins will continue this week (August 1, 3, 4).
- Evening prayer on Wednesday evenings will resume on Wednesday, August 9.
- Private absolution will resume on Friday, August 11 from 3:30 – 4:30 PM. There is a listing on the Trinity calendar for private absolution to resume on Friday, August 4. There is a schedule conflict at that time and so there will not be private absolution this week.
- Pastor is encouraging all to attend the OMT meeting that occurs this month on Tuesday, August 15 from 9 AM – 12 noon. The book under discussion will talk about the altar guild so altar guild members are especially encouraged to attend, if possible.
- Finally, there is a special evening service on Tuesday, August 15 in celebration of the Festival of St. Mary, Theotokos. The service will be held at Grace beginning at 7 PM.
On Thursday, May 25, Immanuel Lutheran Church (909 S Market) will be holding the Divine Service of the Feast of the Ascension at 7:00 p.m. at their Church. As has been their tradition, there will be a bratwurst supper beginning at 5:30 p.m. An R.S.V.P. is required only if you will be attending the supper prior to the service.
Dear Saints of Grace and Trinity,
Just a reminder regarding the upcoming movie “Our Last Stand” and the Q&A following: If anyone is interested in obtaining (free) tickets, please do so at the Warren Box Office or at http://www.warrentheatres.com/eastwarren.asp. They will be available beginning next Monday, 9/12. Remember, seating is limited
Yours in Christ our life,
The Kansas premiere of Our Last Stand will be shown at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19, at the Warren Theatre East. Tickets are free but seating is limited.
Tickets will be available beginning Sept. 12 at the box office and at http://WarrenTheatres.com/EastWarren.asp. The event is being hosted by In Defense of Christians – Wichita
Lutheran Lecture Series VIII, September 26-27th 2015
Concordia Lutheran Church, Hoisington, Kansas, 9th & Clay
“Identifying the Voice of Baal in the Church Today”
Rev Warren William Graff
Saturday 26 September
12:30 – Votive Mass of the Holy Eucharist*
1:30 – Session 1, Pr. Graff
3:00 – Break
3:15 – Session 2, Pr. Graff
4:45 – Closing Vespers
5:15 – Bratwurst & Beer (Parsonage)
* For the sake of conscience, we ask that only those who are members in good standing with an LC-MS congregation, or one with whom she is in fellowship, commune.
August 2015 Trinity Calendar
August 2015 Trinity Torch
This Sunday during bible study hour (held at Grace during the month of June) we are blessed to have Missionary Rev. Roy Askins lead us, so please plan to attend and enjoy his presentation!
This Friday is game night (6-9 pm) at Trinity’s old chapel. Feel free to bring your favorite board game, snack, and drink. All ages are welcome!